Friday, January 18, 2013

Happy Anniversary!

Today is Wilbur's birthday!  He is official one year old today (and if he was actually a true one year old, would probably be pushing around different foods on his plate, completely afraid to try them). 

This is actually so exciting for me.  In one year I have published a book, started a blog (ok, posted a few times, but I DO plan on getting better!),  watched my book sell over 300 (!) copies, read at libraries, preschools, farmers' markets and even elementary schools!  I have been recognized on the street as "the author that wrote that dragon book" and have loved every minute of it.  And that is just one year!  The beauty of Wilbur is that he is pretty timeless.  The topic of local eating is still a hot one, and trying to get children to try new foods is an age-old dilemma that I look forward to helping with. 

I am already looking forward to National Nutrition Month in March, and am setting up some readings in the area.  I will be sure to pass them along as they come up. 

Until then, it is my goal to continue to promote farmers' markets as a great source of community and wonderful food, and to pass along kid and family friendly recipes and tips over the next year.  I hope you will continue to join me on this journey...it truly is just beginning.

Before I go, a favorite Winter Farmers' Market of mine has started up again, and it is wonderful.  If you are local, check it out sometime this season--you will NOT be disappointed! 

http://www.russellsgardencenter.com/wayland_winter_mkt.html

No comments:

Post a Comment