Friday, January 27, 2012

Don't Throw it Away!!

So, my goal for this past week was to increase my families' water intake.  It is a s...l...o...w process, as we have all gotten into bad habits.  But, both my son and my daughter love my new Brita pitcher (they think it is super special because it comes in that neat container!) so we are going to keep pushing it.  It is just a matter of changing some of the "not so good" habits that I have let form over time.  We will keep up the good fight!

This week, I have a confession to make...remember that "honey nut squash" I got at the Farmers' Market last week that I was going to try?  I ended up throwing it out this morning.  THIS is my big challenge.  I have all the best intentions when I buy new foods for myself and my family, and then I procrastinate until it goes bad in my fridge and I feel incredibly guilty.  I have a bad habit of not knowing what to DO with a food, so I just leave it on a shelf and ignore it.  So that is my huge challenge to myself this week--don't let ANY fresh fruits or veggies go bad this week.  Not sure what I will get yet, but I promise to get another unknown food to add to our table.  I actually think I might try this recipe this week--sounds very yummy!  http://kidscooking.about.com/od/dinnerrecipes/r/kale_pesto.htm

On another note, I had my first book signing today!!  It was so adorable-the children loved the book and I had so much fun reading to them and watching their reactions.  Hopefully this is the first of many, many more!  If you haven't gotten your copy yet, check it out here:  www.tinyurl.com/wilburdragon. Hope you all have a good week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment