Monday, January 9, 2012

Welcome Everyone! New Year, New Attitude!

Welcome to "Wilbur's Blog".  Wilbur is a character from my book "Wilbur the Zucchini-Eating Dragon" (www.tinyurl.com/wilburdragon).  He is a dragon who LOVES to shop locally at his favorite farmers' market, but only eats one thing.  What happens when his trusted farmer is out of his familiar food?  Will he try new things?  Will he even know how to?

I am creating this blog with a purpose in mind.  I want parents and kids to start eating healthier.  BUT-it does not need to happen all at once.  I am a busy mom of two, and as much as I know the benefits of eating healthy for myself and my family, sometimes life gets in the way and I choose easy-to-eat, familiar, "junk food".  So, my goal for myself and everyone reading this is to take baby steps to a healthier, more local life.  Every week I will post one goal for my family, and at the end of the week I will post how well we did.  Feel free to join me in this venture, and we can do it together! 

This week my goal is to visit an INDOOR farmers' market (I am in the Northeast, and while it has been unseasonably warm, there are no outdoor markets right now) and buy one NEW food for my family to try.  Check back next week to see what I chose, why, and how I incorporated it into our meals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment